Education & Achievements
- Bachelors in Commerce (Hailey College of Commerce, University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan)
- Accountancy Training form A.F Ferguson & Co (Member firm of Price Waterhouse Coopers)
- An MBA, Chartered Management Consultant and Certified Financial Consultant (CFC)
- Holds an Advanced Diploma in Financial consulting (ADipFC)
- Has attained experience of serving on the boards of various companies (including board committees).
- Certified Board Director from Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP).
- Founding Chairman of U Microfinance Bank, Founding Managing Director of Catalyst Managerial Services, Founding Chief Executive Officer of Warid Telecom and founding team member of Mobilink.
Mr. Hamid Farooq has over 25 years of professional management experience to his credit, mostly with multinational companies. He has extensive experience in the Industry sectors of Telecommunications, Oil & Gas, Banking (Microfinance & Mobile Financial Services), Consulting & Advisory services and Courier & Logistics. During his professional career, he has gained exposure and contributed to a variety of functional areas including.
- Project & Operational Management
- Strategy Development & Implementation
- Financial and Treasury/Funds Management
- Human Resource
- Procurement & Logistics
- Customer Care
- Public & Government Relations
- Process Re-engineering
- Business Development
- Managing Director - PTET
- Board Member - VPL, OGDCL and Ubank